Your privacy is important to us. It is PCGAME INC & PC GAME SUPPLY USA INC's policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, https://www.pcgamesupply.com, and other sites we own and operate.
Personal information is any information about you which can be used to identify you. This includes information about you as a person (such as name, address, and date of birth), your devices, payment details, and even information about how you use a website or online service.
This policy is effective as of 09 November 2022.
Last updated: 09 November 2022
Information We Collect
Information we collect falls into one of two categories: “voluntarily provided” information and “automatically collected” information.
“Voluntarily provided” information refers to any information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions.
“Automatically collected” information refers to any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details about your visit.
Additionally, if you encounter certain errors while using the site, we may automatically collect data about the error and the circumstances surrounding its occurrence. This data may include technical details about your device, what you were trying to do when the error happened, and other technical information relating to the problem. You may or may not receive notice of such errors, even in the moment they occur, that they have occurred, or what the nature of the error is.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual persons.
We may ask for personal information — for example, when you register an account or when you contact us — which may include one or more of the following:
- Phone/mobile number
Some transactions may require a recorded voice call as verification for a payment. All recorded calls must be consented by the user before the recording is collected. The user can opt out of the recorded call or opt in. The user can opt out of the call by pressing 2 or disconnecting the call. By pressing 1 the user is consenting to having thier voice recorded as measure to validate the transaction being made. On the recorded call the users name, billing address will be recorded and collected.
From the call, speech samples, which are typically provided as WAV files, derived from recorded phone calls will be collected. Voiceprints. A voiceprint (or “template” or “model”) is the output of our voice biometric software processing that represents the unique vocal characteristics of an individual user.
Speech Samples. Speech samples (WAV files) (Recorded Audio) are used by PCGAME INC to build voiceprints for payment verification and fraud prevention. Speech samples are also used within various statistical and deep learning processes to create classification models, scoring models, and support other voice biometric functions within PCGAME INC's platform. Speech samples can be used to help PCGAME INC make improvements to the quality of our signal processing and deep learning modeling capabilities.
RECORD RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION POLICY
This Policy is for the purpose of understanding how long data will be retained and when that data will be permanenty destroyed.
This Policy represents the policy regarding the retention and disposal of records and the retention and disposal of electronic documents.
Record Type & Retention Period
- Billing, Payment and customer account information will be retained for a minimum of six years in accordance with the Canadian revenue agency Income Tax Act for Electronic Record Keeping.
- Speech samples, Voiceprints, Recorded voice verification audio, which are typically provided as WAV files, derived from recorded phone calls will be retained for no longer then 6 months. After 6 months this data will be permanently destroyed and no longer exist within our environment.
- If credit card or payment fraud is committed the data derived from that user's account will be held on file permanently unless that user specifically contacts our company and requests the deletion of that data as it pertains to local laws & regulations. If no local law or regulation exists pertaining to the deletion of that data then that data will be held permanently. This is to prevent any one specific user from conducting any other instances of fraud, or payment fraud on our platform the pcgamesupply.com site.
Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal Information
We only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. In which instance, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Register for an account
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to provide you with our platform's core features and services
- to deliver products and/or services to you
- to contact and communicate with you
- for analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes
We may combine voluntarily provided and automatically collected personal information with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources. For example, Our marketing and market research activities may uncover data and insights, which we may combine with information about how visitors use our site to improve our site and your experience on it.
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security.
You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services. For example, ensuring any passwords associated with accessing your personal information and accounts are secure and confidential.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
However, if necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal, accounting, or reporting obligation or for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company
- third-party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you
- third parties to collect and process data
- an entity that buys, or to which we transfer all or substantially all of our assets and business
Third parties we currently use include:
- Google Analytics
International Transfers of Personal Information
The personal information we collect is stored and/or processed in United States, or where we or our partners, affiliates, and third-party providers maintain facilities.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Marketing permission: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you.
Non-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights over your personal information. Unless your personal information is required to provide you with a particular service or offer (for example providing user support), we will not deny you goods or services and/or charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties, or provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site. This helps us serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data, including your personal information, among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, continue to use your personal information according to this policy, which they will be required to assume as it is the basis for any ownership or use rights we have over such information.
Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to This Policy
If the changes are significant, or if required by applicable law, we will contact you (based on your selected preferences for communications from us) and all our registered users with the new details and links to the updated or changed policy.
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
Additional Disclosures for Australian Privacy Act Compliance (AU)
International Transfers of Personal Information
Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. You acknowledge that if any such third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
Additional Disclosures for California Compliance (US)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you live in California and your business relationship with us is mainly for personal, family, or household purposes, you may ask us about the information we release to other organizations for their marketing purposes.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Cookies and Pixels
CCPA-permitted financial incentives
In accordance with your right to non-discrimination, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels for the goods or services we provide.
Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to the value of your personal information, and we will provide written terms that describe clearly the nature of such an offer. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
California Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- Customer records, such as billing and shipping address, and credit or debit card data.
- Commercial information, such as products or services history and purchases.
- Geolocation data.
For more information on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the “Information We Collect” section. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the “Collection and Use of Information” section, including to provide and manage our Service.
Right to Know and Delete
If you are a California resident, you have rights to delete your personal information we collected and know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Shine the Light
If you are a California resident, in addition to the rights discussed above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” with third parties and affiliates for their own direct marketing purposes.
Wireless Data Consent policy
PCGAME INC & PC GAME SUPPLY USA INC also known as the "company"
US and Canadian wireless users for the disclosure of wireless information to the "company"
Wireless data is obtained to help our company verify your order and to protect all parties involved from online fraud. When a customer is authenticating a transaction with the company, the company will send an SMS message to the user's phone.
There will be a link in the SMS to complete verification. By clicking the verification link in the SMS message the user is consenting to the company acquiring various details regarding the wireless device.
When completing verification via SMS the user will be presented with the following consent authorizations:
Canada: "You authorize your wireless operator (Telus, Bell, Rogers, or any other branded wireless operator) to disclose your mobile number, name, address, email, network status, customer type, customer file, billing type, mobile device identifiers (IMSI and IMEI) and other subscriber status and device details, if available, to our third-party service provider, PCGAME INC, solely to verify your identity and prevent fraud for the duration of the business relationship."
To opt in the user will proceed with the SMS verification. To opt out the user will decline the verification. To decline verification all the user needs to do is not click on the link in the SMS message. By not clicking the link the user will not be directed to verification, no verification will be completed and no wireless information will be received.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may contact us using the following details:[email protected]